Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple agents (separate servers) are not able to be configured on Environment

shrogersd June 27, 2016

I configure a deployment plan, added an environment, and setup two remote agents, each on separate Servers (Adobe and Application). Components need to be deployed on both servers for every deployment.

Under the environment I created Tasks. One for Adobe server and One for Application server)

When I config the Adobe Task I had to Disable the Application Task and vice versa. I'm getting the error "No agents meet the Environments's requirements."

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2016

If the deployments have different requirements, it will need different agents. And you won't be able to run both jobs together in a single agent.

Your options?

1. See if you can create an agent that satisfies the requirements for both deployments
  2. Check options to run different deployments. Why run in a single environment?
shrogersd June 27, 2016

Thank you for your quick response.

We do have separate agents for the Deployment.

Environment - UAT

• Task
    • Deploy Adobe code - (Server A - AgentA)
    • Deploy Main App - (Server B - AgentB)

Both agents work fine when run individually but I get the error "No agents meet the Environments's requirements." when both are enable.

Any assistance given will be appreciated.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2016

That is exactly the problem. You have 2 agents, not 1. When there are two agents, each with different capabilities, your task won't run any of them because the task requires capabilities from both agents.

Bamboo checks all the tasks in the environment before an agent is chosen.

shrogersd June 28, 2016

Good morning Jobin. This is a flaw in Deployment. The Build section has Stages->Task which makes it easier to use multiple agents.

In a Deployment, Bamboo should realized that there would be multiple Servers with multiple agents.

Do you have any idea how I can resolve this issue?

Any assistance given will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2016

I can only think of the two options I mentioned earlier.

shrogersd June 28, 2016

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events