Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to new server on Bamboo 5.9.7

Stephen Reece January 18, 2016

We are running a 2008 R2 server with Bamboo 5.9.7 using an SQL 2005 backend. We are trying to move our data to a 2012 server with SQL 2012 backend, also using Bamboo 5.9.7. 

We weren't sure whether this was considered a clone or a migration,  but decided to start with the migration instructions.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMKB/Moving+Bamboo+between+machines

Bamboo 5.9.7 installs successfully, and I have created a Bamboo database that contains the same data (from a .bak export of the production DB) and tell the setup to use the database without overwriting the contents. This step works, and then I try to import the .zip backup of our production install. This step fails.

import corrupt.jpg

Where might I go in the log files to examine where there errors were in the import zip? Should I try to just copy the home-directory from the production server? Should the production Bamboo instance be offline while the copy is done?

Thanks,

Stephen

3 answers

0 votes
Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2016

Bamboo 5.9.7 installs successfully, and I have created a Bamboo database that contains the same data (from a .bak export of the production DB) and tell the setup to use the database without overwriting the contents. This step works, and then I try to import the .zip backup of our production install. This step fails.

There are 2 ways to migrate Bamboo instance: clone everything by hand or use import/export feature. The problem I see is that you are trying to use both these methods at once wink. If you want to migrate Bamboo by cloning DB +app data you don't need to import from .zip. If you want to migrate by importing, you should install Bamboo on empty DB - export zip contains all the data from the DB anyway.

If you still have problems setting up your Bamboo I suggest contacting Atlassian Support

0 votes
Stephen Reece January 18, 2016

Is it part of any of these steps?

moving_instr.jpg

If not, I very likely did not. How would I accomplish that step?

0 votes
Justin Novack January 18, 2016

Did you copy over the application data?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events