Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving the folder for a Bamboo remote agent

David Mills June 27, 2017

Of the 10 remote agents we have, three used a different base path - which was annoying.  So I stopped them, moved them, updated both bamboo-agent.cfg.xml and wrapper.conf and restarted.

2 of the three are functioning correctly.  But one always attempts to create a deploy job's "Build working directory" using the old path.  How can I correct this?

2 answers

1 vote
David Mills July 4, 2017

Figured this one out.  The server on which the Agent resided had been moved from an internal datacentre to AWS.  The team that moved it had failed to stop the original server instance (even though the name no longer resolved to it) and its copy of the Bamboo agent was still running.

Once this was resolved, I revoked the access for the old server instance (again), and accepted the new one, restarted everything and then it started working correctly.

0 votes
Cristiano Mariano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2017

Hi David! How are you doing?

When you restarted, did you check whether the processes were killed in the operating system? Maybe the one that is not correct yet failed to stop and is still using an old process.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Cristiano

David Mills June 28, 2017

We rebooted the whole server - but no help.  So it can't be that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events