Moving back to the old Bamboo-Home?

RichardW July 12, 2016

As part of the process listed in this article, it informs you not to use the same <bamboo-home> path as the original instance. So after you migrate to the new database and new install of Bamboo, how can you point the system to using the original bamboo-home and get rid of the new one created?

Also, step 3 indicates installing a new instance, does this instance have to be the same version as the old instance or can it be a newer version?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo059/moving-your-bamboo-data-to-a-different-database-800858693.html

1 answer

0 votes
Yogesh Mude[Jira]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2016

Hi @Richard Wilkins,

If you are going to install Bamboo as archive file then you can find bamboo-init.properties file within the Conf folder.

from this file you can edit the <bamboo-home> directory.

RichardW July 12, 2016

Hi @Yogesh Mude[Jira],

Ok, so the only thing I have to do after the migration completes, data is imported, etc. is to switch bamboo-init.properties to the old bambo-home. Correct?

How about the other question? Must both instances be the same version or can the new instance be a newer version?

Yogesh Mude[Jira]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2016

HI @Richard Wilkins,

You will find related docs on how-to-upgrade-migrate-bamboo  page.

May be this doc helps you to solve your problem.

RichardW July 27, 2016

I read that article and it looks like:

A: It assumes you are using the same DB type as it is asking for a DB dump and import. (Doesn't relate to me as I am migrating from mysql to oracle. So I have to use the import and export method as described in this article).

B: It wants you to use the new bamboo-home and move your old to it. (Doesnt apply to me as I would like to move the new instance to the old bamboo-home. Essentially I want the end result using the same bamboo-home as my original installation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events