cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving a complete software factory => impacts on bamboo

Stéphane Genin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2013

Hi,

We are moving a complete software factory, with JIRA, Bamboo, Confluence, Fisheye, Crowd, SVN, Maven, and Nexus.

I'm in the process of moving Bamboo, and I realize it won't be so simple... The SVN urls change, as well as the names of the servers running the agents (for example).

My plan is to export the current bamboo configuration, and to sed the files to change the old values by the new one.

I can see that some information are used in historical data, or in executions. For example, in the projects.xml file I can see :

<customBuildData>
<key>buildKey</key>
<value>ADMINTOOLS-SCAVENGEBAMBOOAGENTS-EI1008VWINAGENT2</value>
</customBuildData>

Where EI1008VWINAGENT is the name of a server running agents.

Do you think my approach is OK (I mean, a global replace of old values by new ones in the exported files)?

Moreover, what is the impact of including or not the artifacts in the export? It's 30GB large, and the bandwidth is very low so I would like to minimize transfers.

Thanks for your help

Stéphane

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2013

You can sed the files. If you don't include artifacts, they simply won't be on your new instance. If you don't need them, it should be fine.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events