Move latest files with deployment task

John Cheripka March 26, 2014

I have a git "database" repository that contains various sql files. In bamboo, I get the latest files from Stash using the "Source Code Checkout" task. I would like to move the new/updated sql files to the same location I am putting my artifacts.

In the deployment task I use the "artifact download" task to put all of the shared artifacts in one location.

Is there a way to put my new/updated sql files in the same location as the artifacts?

2 answers

0 votes
Pawel Skierczynski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 29, 2014

I wanted to check this first to make sure it works as I thought.

You want to checkout source code in the same build that you are creating other artfacts for this deployment.

Check to what directory "Source Code Checkout" task is retrieving sources. It's probably 'src'.

Then go to "Artifacts" tab. Create new definition.

• Name whatever you like.
  • Location must be directory of your sources in build (probably "src")
  • Copy pattern assuming you want all files in all subdirectories will be "**/**"

Last but not least make sure that you check "Shared" so this artifact is seen by deployment project.

For some screens you can start here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Configuring+a+job%27s+build+artifacts

After build with new configuration is done you should see new artifact in deployment configuration.

To read more about it look here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Sharing+artifacts#Sharingartifacts-Sharingartifactsfromabuildplantoadeploymentenvironment

0 votes
Pawel Skierczynski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2014

I wonder if you could create new artifact path in a build so that it points to latest sql files. So your sql files become one of artifacts and you can treat them as other artifacts.

John Cheripka March 27, 2014

Hi Pawel, I am interested in learning more about this. How would I create a new artifact path so that it points to the latest files?

My concern is if I create an artifact definition of *.sql how would this differentiate from new/updated files and the ones that were not.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events