Move Bamboo to another server.

Per Lanvin June 29, 2017

Hi,

I've got a system where Jira, Confluence, Bamboo and Bitbucket runs on the same server and they use a dedicated database server. Two servers in total..

My mission is to separate the apps onto dedicated servers which use a common database server. Which means I'm going to end up with 4 app servers and one database server.

I've read through the guidelines and so far I've completed Jira and Confluence.

However, when working with Bamboo I've come across some issues.

--- Bamboo migration ---

Please note that IP/DNS innfor have been masked.

I've started with doing a backup of the production Bamboo (Overview>System>Export...). Then I've installed the same Bamboo version on the new server and began importing the backup file. After some time the import fails because calls are made to services in production. See below examples

1)
This is the first error that occurs. Please advise.

2017-06-29 12:13:59,986 ERROR [localhost-startStop-1] [DefaultUserAccessor] Error in getUser():com.atlassian.crowd.exception.OperationFailedException: org.apache.commons.httpclient.ConnectTimeoutException: The host did not accept the connection within timeout of 5000 ms
com.atlassian.user.EntityException: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.OperationFailedException: org.apache.commons.httpclient.ConnectTimeoutException: The host did not accept the connection within timeout of 5000 ms
at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.atlassianuser.UserGroupCache.fetchAndSetSnapshot(UserGroupCache.java:110)

2)
The below calls are made to Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket in the prod environment... which are unavailable..

2017-06-29 12:07:01,716 INFO [NavLink RestCapabilitiesClient:thread-1] [RestCapabilitiesClient] Failed to request capabilities from 'http://confluence-prod.mydomain/rest/capabilities': Connect to confluence-prod.mydomain:80 [confluence-prod.mydomain/1.1.1.1] failed: connect timed out
2017-06-29 12:07:03,220 INFO [NavLink RestCapabilitiesClient:thread-1] [RestCapabilitiesClient] Failed to request capabilities from 'http://jira-prod.mydomain/rest/capabilities': Connect to jira-prod.mydomain:80 [jira-prod.mydomain/3.2.2.2] failed: connect timed out

3)
The same goes for git, this call can never succeed as the git call is being made to the production jira server. How do I solve this issue?

--> git@jira.prod.mydomain/1.1.1.1:7999

Caused by: com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.git.GitCommandException: command /usr/bin/git ls-remote ssh://b7abd223-f8f6-443e-9b81-22604870ff84@127.0.0.1:46847/tek/useradmin.git failed with code 128. Working directory was [/var/atlassian/application-data/bamboo/xml-data/build-dir]., stderr:
Error while opening SSH session
stdout:
Warning: Permanently added '[127.0.0.1]:46847' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
BAMBOO-SSH-PROXY: [While connecting to [git@jira.prod.mydomain/1.1.1.1:7999]: Error while opening SSH session: org.apache.sshd.common.RuntimeSshException: Failed to get the session.]

--- end ---

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Per Lanvin June 30, 2017

Hi,   The instances are available. Please elaborate about the export, I'm not following.

If you want me to change these locations I can not do that as they are beinng used for production purposes.

I guess plan B would be to modify the expoprt data, if possible ...

Rgds

Reynaldo Cruz Pérez June 25, 2021

Hola.

Pudiste solucionar tu problema?, estoy migrando Bamboo a un nuevo server y me estoy topando con el mismo problema.

Tu experiencia me sería de gran ayuda.

Gracias de antemano.

0 votes
Cristiano Mariano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2017

Hi Per! How are you doing?

Are your current Bamboo and Bitbucket instances still available? Could you point to new JIRA server before exporting?

Thanks,

Cristiano

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events