Missing /home/bamboo when configuring elastic instances to use the EBS

Eban Escott April 26, 2015

Hi,

I am trying to setup Bamboo to use an EBS volume and I am getting a little confused.

I start an elastic instance via the Manage elastic instances in the Bamboo administration. I then SSH into the server and make some changes. I can then run a plan and get a successful build from Bamboo. Yay!

I then swap over to the AWS console in the web browser and create an image of the instance. This creates me an AMI and 2 snapshots of the volumes. However, and this is the bit where I get stuck, when I update my image configuration to use the new AMI and snapshot any changes in the /home/bamboo folder have been lost when I start up a new instance. I tried both snapshots and no luck. Shouldn't the snapshot include everything on the volume?

Can someone explain to me what I am doing wrong here please? I thought that a snapshot would include what was on the volume. I am no Ubuntu admin so I think I am missing something about the way the folders relate to the volumes somehow?

Thanks

Eban

1 answer

0 votes
Bruno Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2015

Eban, according to the Configuring elastic instances to use the EBS documentation, if you want your files to be included in the snapshot, you must upload them to the /mnt/bamboo-ebs folder (or its subfolders). This way they'll be available to the elastic instances that use the EBS volume. I'd recommend that you read Populating your EBS volume for guidelines on how to populate your EBS volume effectively. Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events