Missing authentication for Git repo

Matt Reynolds June 2, 2015

Hi all,

I recently upgraded to Bamboo 5.8.1 and we've discovered that creating a new plan with Git as the repo no longer gives the option for authentication.

If I add a repo, select Git as the Host, the only fields are Display Name, Repository URL and Branch. If I select any of the other hosts, such as Bitbucket, the Username and Password fields appear.

When I try saving the repo anyway, I get an error saying "Failed to validate build configuration for the Git repository (com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.atlassian-bamboo-plugin-git:git). Name is null".

Has something funky happened to the Git plugin? Anyone know what's going on, or suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks!

Matt

7 answers

1 vote
Matt Reynolds August 19, 2015

Hi Sergii

My issue ended up being a table called CREDENTIALS wasn't created in the upgrade. Check if you have this table, and if not you'll need to create it with the follow query (note this is for MS SQL):

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[CREDENTIALS](
	[CREDENTIALS_ID] [numeric](19, 0) NOT NULL,
	[NAME] [nvarchar](255) NULL,
	[XML] [ntext] NULL,
PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED 
(
	[CREDENTIALS_ID] ASC
)WITH (PAD_INDEX = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS = ON) ON [PRIMARY]
) ON [PRIMARY] TEXTIMAGE_ON [PRIMARY]
0 votes
Bart Verwilst January 5, 2016

I'm seeing the same issue with 5.9.7. I have a CREDENTIALS table:

| CREDENTIALS | CREATE TABLE `CREDENTIALS` (

`CREDENTIALS_ID` bigint(20) NOT NULL,

`NAME` varchar(255) COLLATE utf8_bin DEFAULT NULL,

`XML` longtext COLLATE utf8_bin,

`PLUGIN_KEY` varchar(255) COLLATE utf8_bin DEFAULT NULL,

PRIMARY KEY (`CREDENTIALS_ID`)

) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin |

We've upgraded from 5.7 or 5.8 to 5.9 a while ago.. Any ideas on how to fix this? It's a production system so I can't do a clean install.

Thanks!

0 votes
sergii-diachenko August 31, 2015

Hi Matt,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. Your advise helped to solve the issue.

0 votes
sergii-diachenko August 18, 2015

Experiencing the same issue after upgrade to Bamboo 5.8.2 build 5866
If that possible to debug/troubleshoot the issue, as we can't use any git repository 

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2015

Hello,

Can you try fresh installation of Bamboo 5.8.1, not upgrade. May be it's linked with upgrade or some plugin you had in 5.6

0 votes
Matt Reynolds June 3, 2015

Yep, cleared cached, tried FF, Chrome, IE. Tried on a completely different PC. The authentication type just won't appear. He's what I'm seeing:

Capture.PNG

As for any JS errors, all the console shows me are two warnings:

js.PNG

I've been through all the system settings hoping to find something obvious that might disable this, but nothing leaps out.

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2015

Hello,

Can you clear browser cache and check if there is any JS errors in browser console.

Just checked how it looks for Git repository at Bamboo 5.8.1Screen Shot 2015-06-03 at 10.42.15.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events