Met unexpected error when uploading and installing add-on (Bamboo)

Rui Hu October 28, 2016

Hi all,

I tried to upload a jar file for adding a new add-on in bamboo. And it reports unexpected error after clicking 'upload' button. In the meantime, the pop-up windows which shows installing the add-on cannot be closed.

addon_error.png

The add-on jar file is from https://marketplace.atlassian.com/download/plugins/com.thed.zephyr.zfj-bamboo/version/10000020

Anyone know how to solve this ?

Thanks,

Rui

3 answers

0 votes
Rui Hu October 31, 2016

Thank you.

I tried and waited for over 1 hour. After refresh the page, it still failed.

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2016

Have you checked whether the add-on installation might have succeeded regardless by clicking Manage add-ons again afterwards? In case it has, see my answer for the likely explanation.

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2016

I have encountered this error when Bamboo's Base URL setting does not match the actual URL in use, refer to Specifying Bamboo's URL on how to address this in case:

To specify Bamboo's URL:

1. Click the  icon in the Bamboo header and choose  Overview.
  2. Click General Configuration (under 'System'), in the left navigation panel.
  3. In the Base URL field, type the URL address of your Bamboo server (for example, "http://keg:8080/bamboo").
  4. Click Save.

The error is slightly misleading, insofar the add-on installation continues (and usually succeeds), but he client side add-on installation progress monitoring is unable to communicate with Bamboo via the erroneous base URL.

Rui Hu October 31, 2016

Thank you Steffen.

I checked the URL and it is correct.

I tried again but failed again.

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2016

In this case it's probably going to be most efficient if you directly contact the add-on's vendor Zephyr via the Get support link from the add-on listing. I have also added the resp. tag 'addon-com.thed.zephyr.zfj-bamboo' to your question, but given you are the first to ask about it, they likely won't monitor this yet.

Rui Hu October 31, 2016

I cannot upgrade "Support Tools Plugin" either.

And I tried to install  "TFS Repository" but shows "Problem accessing the file TFS Repository."

I think there's something wrong which may not the Zephyr's problem.

But I will try to contact Zephyr support team. Thank you.

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2016

Bamboo 5.14 comes with a few API changes for 5.14 that some add-ons likely need to address before they will be compatible again:

Plugins that are particularly prone to incompatibilities and require special attention are those that deal with:

• automatic plan creation and management
  • automatic plan branch creation and management
  • repository configuration management

From that angle, the "TFS Repository" issues might actually be expected, but I wouldn't have expected issues with Zephyr's add-on, nor with the "Support Tools Plugin", which are concerned with entirely different topics in principle.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events