Maven release best practice from Bamboo

Murali Mohan Rath July 13, 2016

I currently have a lot of projects configured in Jenkins. I am trying Bamboo now. But finding it difficult for performing release builds from Bamboo.

In Jenkins there is a "Perform Maven Release" link available for every maven build. When this link is clicked, Jenkins populates the next release version and snapshot version automatically(see image below). And performing release is just one click on that page. Is there something similar available in Bamboo? If not what is the best practice for performing release builds from Bamboo?

I have tried googling but did not find anything that helps.

Thanks in advance.

2016-07-14 11_22_44-Jenkins.png

1 answer

1 vote
Julius July 13, 2016

I really like the "push0ver" add-on for this, but it depends on you having an artifactory repository you can publish to.    (Although, who knows, maybe it can publish to any maven-compatible repo?  It does PUT requests to maven-style URL's.  I haven't tested non-artifactory maven-repos).

Also, it switches things around:  you tag git *first* to push a release.  The version inside the pom.xml is always set to <version>0.0.0.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>.  Push0ver then extracts the tag from the git repo and edits the pom.xml during the Bamboo build.

But the nice thing here is that pom.xml files receive a lot fewer edits this way, making for fewer merge conflicts.

You can find the "push0ver" add-on here:  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/push0ver.push0ver/server/overview

(I'm one of the co-authors of it.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events