Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master has branching enabled. Can I edit one of the branch plans to disable stages?

Amanda Culver June 20, 2016

I have master with branching enabled, it's working well.

I have created a ReleaseCandidate branch but need only the build stage to be run, not all of the tests, as the QA team are to run their whole suite over it and the CI test suite is time consuming.

(I also want to change notifications, add a few envVars, change the branch cleanup options, etc)

Can I specify that I want /this/ branch to run /that/ config without impacting the parent (Master) ? 

if not, how do I achieve this ?

2 answers

1 vote
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2016

I'm not aware of a way to do this, other than cloning the Build Plan.  I'd be very interested if someone else has a way.

0 votes
Mark de Bont
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2016

The way I've resolved this is, indeed, cloning a plan and tailor it to your needs. Unfortunately you will have to sync updates manually yourself.

There is also a plugin wihich lets you dynamically update the workflow but not notifications, cleanup etc. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.valens.dynamicPlans/server/overview

Amanda Culver June 21, 2016

Have followed your advice, have cloned the build plan and setup a new proj, with one build plan, have changed the notifications, the build stages and variables etc.  it's now looking like I'd like it to, only ... I can't get it to auto update from Master which is being built in the original plan.

This is a nightmare!  I don't understand why we can't 'tear off' a build plan for a branch and hone it to that branch's specific reqs.

Mark de Bont
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 21, 2016

Maybe this plugin is something you would like:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.valens.bamboo-templatedplans-plugin/server/overview

Set the master plan as template and let your branch plan use the templated jobs steps

Amanda Culver June 22, 2016

Thanks Mark, appreciate your guidance.

Sadly, this is looking like a real heartache.

Master has branching enabled and it's working a dream for all branches.  However, we have a special, critical branch, for which we don't want to run the whole plan, just a subset of it and we want to manipulate some bits so that only our demigod receives notifications etc.

I don't want to change the WORLD for this one branch.  It seems like such a simple thing.  I can't believe it's not possible.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events