Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Run of Expiry doesn't remove log file

S M October 26, 2017

We are running Bamboo 5.14.4 build 51419

We recently set criteria for our build plans and decided to run expiry manually. The logs are indicating the following:

WARN [6-BuildExpiryBean:pool-12-thread-1] [BuildResultsSummaryManagerImpl] Couldn't delete log file for plan [SND], build [294], file [D:\Atlassian\Application Data\Bamboo\xml-data\builds\TST-TST\download-data\build_logs\SND-294.log]

I know I can manually remove these files but I'm wondering why its having an issue since we are hopeful this would be an automated process.

Within the plan under Miscellaneous we have selected Build results which by default checks Build Artifacts and Build logs. Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Bruno Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2017

Hey there, the fact that the log messages started showing up right after you decided to start using the expiry strategy (plus the wording of the message) I suspect you might be running into the following bug:

This is a performance issue and has been fixed in Bamboo 6.2.0. You can upgrade to take advantage of the fix. In fact, we have implemented several fixes in the past few Bamboo versions that are supposed to improve the performance of the expiry process considerably. If you don't want or can't upgrade Bamboo right now I'd suggest you to tweak the expiry configuration to be a little less aggressive and remove the build results in small batches until you no longer see those error messages in the logs and expiry completes successfully.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events