Manual Run of Expiry doesn't remove log file

We are running Bamboo 5.14.4 build 51419

We recently set criteria for our build plans and decided to run expiry manually. The logs are indicating the following:

WARN [6-BuildExpiryBean:pool-12-thread-1] [BuildResultsSummaryManagerImpl] Couldn't delete log file for plan [SND], build [294], file [D:\Atlassian\Application Data\Bamboo\xml-data\builds\TST-TST\download-data\build_logs\SND-294.log]

I know I can manually remove these files but I'm wondering why its having an issue since we are hopeful this would be an automated process.

Within the plan under Miscellaneous we have selected Build results which by default checks Build Artifacts and Build logs. Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thank you

1 answer

0 vote
Bruno Rosa Atlassian Team Oct 27, 2017

Hey there, the fact that the log messages started showing up right after you decided to start using the expiry strategy (plus the wording of the message) I suspect you might be running into the following bug:

This is a performance issue and has been fixed in Bamboo 6.2.0. You can upgrade to take advantage of the fix. In fact, we have implemented several fixes in the past few Bamboo versions that are supposed to improve the performance of the expiry process considerably. If you don't want or can't upgrade Bamboo right now I'd suggest you to tweak the expiry configuration to be a little less aggressive and remove the build results in small batches until you no longer see those error messages in the logs and expiry completes successfully.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,828 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you