Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing multiple remote agents

Scott Goodwin May 23, 2013

I'm a little confused about how to manage multiple remote agents. I'd like to be able to kick off a manual build and have it go only to certain agents, but this doesn't see to be possible without creating a rat's nest of custom key/value capabilities on each remote agent. Am I missing something simple here?

From what I can glean from the documentation and other support inquiries, there is no way to specify which remote agent your manual build request goes to, which to me, seems... hmm, how to say this diplomatically... the very antithesis of what Bamboo should be able to do.

Our software is very hardware dependent, and thus we have five remote agents, each with different hardware configs. When we want to do a manual build to target only specific hardware, I'd like to be able to have it only be built on remote agents with hardware configs A and B, but not C (for example).

If I have concurrent builds enabled, it pushes the build off to ALL agents, which I don't necessarily want. If I have concurrent builds disabled, Bamboo seems to choose at random which agent it will build on, which also doesn't seem very well thought out, because then I have to go in and manually disable all the agents I don't want running the build.

Anyone have any tips on refining how Bamboo manages its remote agents?

I saw another Answer that points to an Add-On called Bamboo Group Agent, which looks like it'd do what we want, but it does not work on 4.3.3.

Thanks for any pointer.

2 answers

0 votes

I installed Bamboo 5 Beta, and while the Dedicate agent to Environment is a step in the right direction, I am still unable to manually kick off a build, and select which agents get to build it.

0 votes

Found this: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/168603/exclude-bamboo-agents-from-running-plans

which may answer my question. That is, set it up via funky variables/requirements/capabilities, or just wait until Bamboo 5.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events