Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSTest Parser Not Looking in the Configured Directory

Ariel R. Conti March 14, 2019

I set up an MSTest Parser Configuration in Bamboo like this: ${bamboo.build.working.directory}\tests\TestResults.trx. When running Bamboo doesn't resolve this. It only replaces $${bamboo.build.working.directory}, but does not append \tests\TestResults.trx and therefore cannot find the .trx file. Note: the .trx file is being created properly.

What am I doing wrong?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2019

Hi @Ariel R. Conti

Most of the tasks in Bamboo have the <bamboo_build_working_directory> path as their default path to work with data. It means that if you don't provide any path, the one used it the working directory. It also means that you can use relative paths.

The value to MSTest Test Results File/Directory field on MSTest Parser task can be either:

• tests
  • tests\TestResults.trx
  • ${bamboo.build.working.directory}\tests
  • ${bamboo.build.working.directory}\tests\TestResults.trx

⚠️ In the options where the file TestResults.trx is not there, the task will search for any file with trx extension.

I've opened an improvement request related to this part of the task when testing it today: [BAM-20356] Improve path error handling on MSTest parser task.

The issue you are facing

I don't have a clear explanation for the problem you are facing, but it could be related to:

• the file is not present (ruled out for your tests)
  • the path is still wrong
  • the test error is generated for other build and therefore not detected

Please try:

1. Use the relative path  tests\TestResults.trx or tests.
  2. Check the option Pick up test results that were created outside of this build in the advanced section.
  3. Run another test and let us know the results you get.
  4. Please share the full error you see in the build logs.
Ariel R. Conti March 19, 2019

The file exists. Bamboo doesn't find it because Bamboo isn't resolving the directory.

TestResults.pngErrorOutput.pngParserConfig.png

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2019

Can you share the Bamboo version you are using so I can run another test?

Also, could you try using the path below?

tests\Arc.We.Tests\TestResults

I just want you to run this test with NO working directory variable and the file name which are not needed in this case.

Ariel R. Conti March 20, 2019

That worked. Thanks!

Here's the version

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
March 20, 2019

I was interested in the Bamboo Server version. It would be something like 6.7.2 or 6.8.0...

I'm glad it worked. I'm afraid this task is only accepting a relative path for that field.

Ariel R. Conti March 20, 2019

The version is  6.4.1 build 60405

Like Daniel Santos likes this
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
March 21, 2019

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events