MSBuild error " MSB5003: Failed to create a temporary file. "

Richard Wilder April 16, 2012

I'm setting up Bamboo for my first build. I have an MSBuild project that runs successfully when I run it from a windows command prompt. It fails with MSB5003 error when running it from Bamboo.

Bamboo Version 3.3.3 Build 2719 running on Windows Server 2008 R2 6.1 with Sun Java 1.6.0_29.

Bamboo Temporary Directory is C:\Windows/Temp (note mixed forward and back slashes).

Bamboo is running as windows service using local SYSTEM account.

Suggestions?

4 answers

1 vote
Richard Wilder April 17, 2012

I resolved the issue by creating a new user account named "Bamboo" on the server. This account was given administrator priviledges. The Bamboo service was reconfigured to run under this user account rather than under the SYSTEM account.

From reading other questions/answers, I gather that this is necessary when running Bamboo on Windows Server 2008 R2.

Sure would be nice to have had this in the FAQ and/or installation manual...

James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2012
Richard, sorry to hear that you had issues getting your msbuild build running when Bamboo is running as a Windows service. I've opened up an issue to change our recommendation for how this should be setup. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-11440
0 votes

Deleted everything in C:\Windows\Temp - still no joy

0 votes

I changed wrapper.conf to read:

wrapper.java.additional.4=-Djava.io.tmpdir=%SystemRoot%\Temp

which resolves to C:\Windows\Temp (all backslashes),

but still no joy.

0 votes

C:\Windows\Temp exists.

It is *not* full of tmp0000.tmp throu tmpFFFF.tmp files.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events