MS Test Parser failed to find the file

Stuart Davies July 16, 2017

Hey

I am having some trouble trying to get the build to parse through the .trx file. I can see the file being generated in the \Foundation\Tests\Resource.Data.EntityFramework.Test\bin\Release folder . The file name is TestResults-Rev_4626c14b7e01843d44a9afaa3184bb9ae6e6f547-Build_91

I get the error 

simple 17-Jul-2017 16:01:11 Parsing test results under D:\bamboo-home\xml-data\build-dir\163842\DEV-API02-JOB1...
simple 17-Jul-2017 16:01:11 Failing task since test cases were expected but none were found.
simple 17-Jul-2017 16:01:11 Finished task 'MS Tests Parser' with result: Failed

This is the value for the Result File Name :

TestResults-Rev_${bamboo.repository.revision.number}-Build_${bamboo.buildNumber}.trx

and for the Result Directory its :

\Foundation\Tests\Resource.Data.EntityFramework.Test\bin\Release\

Am i missing something here .

1 answer

0 votes
Cristiano Mariano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2017

Hi Stuart! How are you doing?

If you open the file in a text editor, can you see test entries in it?

Maybe Bamboo is finding it, but it is empty, for some other reason.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Cristiano

Stuart Davies July 17, 2017

Hey Cristiano,

Hope you well .

The file does have test entries in it .  I have changed the param for the result test file to another drive(f:\testresults\filename.trx) but the logs still shows that the parser is looking for the file in the build directory as below , am i missing something ?

\bamboo-home\xml-data\build-dir\163842\DEV-API02-JOB1.

Cheers

Stuart

Metzy June 4, 2018

Stuart,

Did you manage to solve this problem? I have this exact problem now.

Metzy June 4, 2018

For those reading this later this is how I solved the problem.

In the MSTest Parser task I removed the directory from the field "MSTest Test Results File/Directory" so the value is "UnitTestResults.trx"

I then modified the task that runs vstest.console.exe so that it generated "UnitTestResults.trx" in the root build directory.

Bamboo now finds the build results file.

JulesC September 19, 2019

For others reading this, if your results are in a sub-directory, use a forward slash, not a backslash in your look-up.

testresultpathwindows.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events