Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS SQL Server Bamboo 4.0 connect string issue, named instances

Gretchen Jones March 29, 2012

I’m trying to install bamboo 4.0 and can’t figure out how to specify a named instance in the jdbc connection string for my MS SqlServer database.

The recommended syntax per ms sql doc jdbc:sqlserver:// serverName instanceName :portNumber ;property=value ;property=value

Bamboo documentation example is jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localhost:1433/<database> which doesn’t allow for a named instance and varies slightly from the MS SQL Server doc example. Using their example I would expect to use ;databaseName=bamboo

Instead of just bamboo.

I’ve tried a couple of different things including jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://MYSERVER-SQL7:1433/bamboo and jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://MYSERVER-SQL7 STAGING:1433/bamboo (where STAGING is our named instance on the MYSERVER-SQL7 server) and I get errors on both

I have verified that my username/password is correct and I have sysadmin rights on my db.

I have also tried using the AD group name in the login group as in DOMAIN myLoginID with my normal network password.

I found reference to a jira.xml document that explains how to configure it in the jira.xml file directly (for a named instance issue like I'm having with Bamboo) but I can’t find anything in the bamboo configs (or I don’t know where to look) to make a similar change.

See: http://forums.atlassian.com/thread.jspa?threadID=46826 for the reference to the jira.xml configuration I'm talking about above that sounds like what I need in bamboo.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Randy Hentz May 3, 2012

All the JTDS connect string options are available here, this also should be added to the documentation. http://jtds.sourceforge.net/faq.html another one I use is SSL=require for our secure connections to SQL.

0 votes
Gretchen Jones May 3, 2012

This is the connect string I ended up using for this. The database instance is specified at the end of the string.

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://servername:1433/bamboo;instance=instancename

Gretchen Jones May 3, 2012

(where bamboo is the database name)

0 votes
Randy Hentz April 11, 2012

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://servername:1433/Bamboo;instance=mssqlnamehere;ssl=require is what I use and it works for every Atlassian product so far.

James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2012

Thanks for that Randy! I've updated our documentation with your answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events