Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Bamboo variables to a property file

Ashwanth Gunasekaran February 16, 2014

I need to get the Bamboo variables and load it in to a property file located in the project (which I will source code checkout during the build process).

Is there any Bamboo tasks or any other way to load the bamboo variables to a property file?

I have tried properties-maven-plugin to load the Bamboo variables. But it did not load the properties file.

3 answers

0 votes
Sebastien Delcoigne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2014

This sounds like you need to write a custom plugin that would add a Task for this (as described in this tutorial)

0 votes
Ashwanth Gunasekaran February 16, 2014

Thanks Jason. But I need to do it automatically through code. I have to create a test script (which I would execute during the build process) and load the bamboo variables to property file through the test script.

John Bowker February 23, 2014

Are these Global plan variables? If so they are loaded as Environment variables when running a Task and prefixed with "bamboo_".

0 votes
Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2014

You can do it manually in a script

echo var1=${bamboo.var1} > teams.properties

echo var2=${bamboo.var2} >> teams.properties

echo varABC=${bamboo.varABC} >> teams.properties

henk piet March 11, 2019

This will show the variables in plain text in the jar...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events