Linking Jira user repository to Bamboo 5.2

Aaron Cunnington December 8, 2013

Hello,

I am having difficulty linking our Bamboo 5.2 installation with our Jira 6.1.1 installation. I am being asked for an application name and application password, both of which I do not know.

I am an administrator on both installations so if someone could provide me with a solution, it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks, Aaron.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aaron Cunnington December 16, 2013

Thanks, we found there was a mismatch of IP addresses on the Jira administrator interface, in the Jira User Server section. We fixed this and it worked.

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2013

Hi Aaron,

You should be able to simply use your own username and password (if you are an admin user).

Other wise you'll need to create a user in Jira specifically for Bamboo to use when connecting to Jira and vice-versa.

Best regards,

Peter

Aaron Cunnington December 8, 2013

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply. However when I try to use my Jira login (or a service account I created in Jira) I get the following error:

Failed to change the active user repository: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.InvalidAuthenticationException: Application failed to authenticate

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2013

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events