cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • Community
  • Products
  • Bamboo
  • Questions
  • [LazyInitializer] Exception initializing proxy net.sf.hibernate.HibernateException: Could not initialize proxy - the owning Session was closed

[LazyInitializer] Exception initializing proxy net.sf.hibernate.HibernateException: Could not initialize proxy - the owning Session was closed

William Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2012

While upgrade Bamboo 3.2.2 to 4.0 on RH6 with a MySQL backend I keep receiving this error when it goes through the data upgrade process. From the few returns I've seen on googling it appears to have something to do with plugins. However, the only plugins I have are the ones that were installed/created by Bamboo. I do not have any third party vendor plugins installed. I just upgraded from v2.6.2 to 3.2.2 without any issues so I'm confused as to what would be causing this problem.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
William Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2012

Unfortunately, when we tried to migrate the data over to a test environment it just wouldn't take. We kept receiving this error regardless of what we attempted. We ran a risk on our production upgrade and went with an untested upgrade. Fortunately, it was successful and everything seems to be working properly. I don't know what the root cause was when it came to Bamboo data migration. I did a test run of the application upgrade without the data migration (i.e., created new project plans, then upgraded that information). It was far from being a mirror image of the production system, but it did help me ensure that there were no procedural questions in regards to the Atlassian documentation.

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2012

Try upgrading to 4.1.2 instead it may have your issue fixed. If that does not work, please file a support request at support.atlassian.com.

William Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 10, 2012

If I upgrade to 4.1.2, will I have any issues with compatibility with the other Atlassian tools we are using? We're pretty integrated with Fisheye, Jira, Crowd, Confluence. I chose to stick with the 4.0 because it was released at the same time frame as the other applications we are upgrading

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2012

I don't think you'll have problems with that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events