Last build status

Petros Diveris October 1, 2015

Is there any way of getting the status of a build using a public API? In other words, can we show green and red buttons indicating whether the last build of a project was successful or not?

3 answers

3 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2015

You can GET this information from the Bamboo REST API - unfortunately its documentation leaves a bit to be desired still:

• While mentioned and linked on the Bamboo REST Resources page, it is easily overlooked that the inline information on that page itself is incomplete and only the API reference for your Bamboo version is the recommended source of information on Bamboo REST APIs.
  • Furthermore, while structurally similar, that API reference is also not entirely at the same level as the ones from JIRAConfluence and Bitbucket Server in particular, and frequently lacks the request/response shapes for example.

REST resource

That being said, you are probably looking for the /rest/api/latest/result resource and its various sub resources (the top of the page provides an easier overview of all those variations):

Provide list of latest build results for top level plans visible for users.

Node.js module

Alternatively you might want to check into Sebastiano Armeli's bamboo-api Node.js module, which wraps the Bamboo REST API to get the build status via bamboo.getLatestBuildStatus(planKey, callback) (amongst other useful helper functions):

bamboo.getBuildStatus("PROJECT_KEY-PLAN_KEY/BUILD_NUMBER", function(error, result) {
    if (error) {
        console.log(error);
        return;
    }

console.log("Status of the build:", result);
});
0 votes

Hi Steffen, 

I have to eat my own words. The call is available, once just has to... guess the end point!

https://jiscdev.atlassian.net/builds/rest/api/latest/result

(you will get a non autorised error but that's fine).

0 votes

I am indeed looking for /rest/api/latest/result but on Atlassian's cloud hosted Bamboo. The only thing I've found that could be of any use is the RSS feed i.e. https://jiscdev.atlassian.net/builds/rss/createAllBuildsRssFeed.action?feedType=rssAll&os_authType=basic

Using a parser and checking the top one for each project one could perhaps produce a failed/success status. i have to admit that it is a rather tedious way of achieving something as trivial as a green/red button in the project's page. Quite frankly I do not know why this functionality isn't in there already.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events