Kanban Build on Release

Matt Clarkson August 15, 2012

We use a Agile Kanbam style board for a rapid development. We do rolling release cycles so transistion issues across the board and then use the Agile board to release the software.

This does not allow you to push the release through Bamboo first to check stability before release.

Is it on the roadmap to introduce this feature - or is there a workaround?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2012

Hi Matt,

There is no way todo this from a Greenhopper board when you end a sprint. However, you can acheive something similar using the Build and Release feature for releasing a version in JIRA.

I've raised to a Improvement request to track your suggestion (Its a really good one!)

Thanks
James

Matt Clarkson August 16, 2012

I really like the Build and Release feature in JIRA. However, it doesn't make much sense to do a GreenHopper release:

As that assigns all of those issues under the release name you specify and then releases it. The only way then to activate a build, is to unrelease the version then release it again through JIRA with a build!

It's not critical but would be a sweet feature! Thanks for raising a improvement request - I've voted and watched it!

The screen shot has disappeared! I can't add it anymore...

Some reason the screen shot has been dropped:

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events