Java SocketException on remote agent when copying artifacts (Bamboo)

Mitch Thompson January 22, 2014

I have been tracking an error recently with bamboo remote agent. My agent is Java erroring on the copying of a 9mb artifact to the bamboo server. The error is

[HttpMessageSender] Exception occurred when posting message com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.build.agent.messages.ArtifactPublishMessage@2db9efb6. Connection reset by peer: socket write error
INFO | jvm 3 | 2014/01/23 11:08:35 | java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error

The artifact cannot be made smaller. It is infact a msbuild parameterized deploy zip file. When it errors out, the zip file is corrupt on the bamboo machine. It is not corrupt in the build-dir on the agent.

I am running all Windows Server 2012 in virtual machines, the latest versions of Java, Bamboo, Tomcat7, etc on the build agent and the bamboo server. Nothing out of the ordinary. No special configurations.

3 answers

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2016

A lot of similar issues were resolved after an upgrade to 5.10

0 votes
Deleted user March 21, 2016

Was this ever resolved? We have a similar problem.

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2014

No special configurations.

Not even a reverse proxy?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events