Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDK 1.6 to 1.7 on 4.3.3

Stephen Reece December 1, 2015

Obviously, we need to upgrade. I was hoping to move the current install to our new hardware, but that hasn't gone so well. Now, our thinking is that we should upgrade in place, and then attempt to migrate to the new server with the latest version - which appears to have a more mature migration process.

To start with, we thought we'd upgrade the Java in use from 1.6 to 1.7. I've updated the console batch file to point to the new JDK bin, and I can see that it successfully starts using the correct Java version. However, when I log in and attempt to run a job, I receive a null pointer exception.

I've looked around and tried the instructions found here, but it didn't change anything:
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/89486 

Does 4.3.3 support Java 1.7? Should I move to a more recent version of Bamboo first, and then upgrade Java?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2015

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for your inquire.

Please, refer to the following documentation so you can review Bamboo's https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO043/Supported+platforms

Please, make sure the Job you are attempting on running in Bamboo is pointing to the correct Java, as it might be required to go to the Job >> Task and review its configuration.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

0 votes
Stephen Reece December 4, 2015

It looks like the step to delete the cache was somehow skipped. We tried it again, and it worked. Now running on 1.7 and proceeding with the 4.3.3 -> latest version upgrade. Sorry for the bother!

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2015

Did you try clearing the cache as suggested on the JIRA ticket?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events