Is this a bug for anyone else? Bamboo Inline Script with IE

Cameron Ferguson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2012

I wanted to confirm that this was a problem before making a JIRA bug report on it... we tried it on 2 systems on our end and they both had the same issue.

The summary of what happens is that the inline script task causes IE to freeze up with a massive amount of CPU usage. If the line is long enough the inline script box will start bouncing the horizontal scroll left to right constantly until the program ultimately freezes, crashes and bruns...

This was test with Internet Explorer 8 with Bamboo 4.0 build 2906 -26 Mar 12

To reproduce...

1. Open FireFox and either in a new build plan or in an existing one, add a new script task within the job.

2. Make sure the new task is set to "inline" script

3. Type a fairly long line that causes the horizontal scroll bar to appear. Don't make the line just long enough to cause the scroll bar to appear, make it much longer.

4. Save the Task

5. Open IE and navigate to the same task like you are going to edit it

If your IE starts wizzing out on you and the scrollbar on the inline script box is bouncing left and right.. then you are seeing what I am seeing.

I also noticed that just trying to use the new Inline Script box in IE (not just with a long horizontal scroll) is a MASSIVE cpu hog...

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2012

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with the script editor in IE. I've raised a bug for this. There have been multiple problems reported with the inline editor and it will be a priority for us to fix them (or remove the editor all together) in a bug fix release.

Cameron Ferguson
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2012

I really like the editor. It was put in with a feature request I added for monospace font prior to Bamboo 4.0 and it makes the scripts look a lot neater. I would prefer a fix if at all possible instead of removal :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events