Is there a way to view status of all plans in a branch?

Kea Johnston December 18, 2012

Dear Atlasian,

When I log into bamboo, I see a list of all plans in trunk, their statuses, and their last completion date. On my project, we have different departments that are interested only in the outcomes of plans in a particular branch. For example, lets say all plans have a version in all branches. Team N might only be interested in the version of the plan in the "N" branch and not the plans in the "Q" branch. From what I can tell, the only way to get the status of a plan in a different branch is to find the plan in trunk on the main page, click on the little branch icon next to it, and select the "N" branch. You have to do this with each plan individually, which is very impractical for Team "N".

Is there a way I can make a "N" view that just shows the status of all plans in branch "N"?

Thank you!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2013

Hello,

I think what you need is not possible yet in the plain Bamboo. Maybe there exists some 3rd party plugin doing that, but I'm not aware of such. On the other hand, there is this recent improvement request in the Bamboo tracker: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-12584 - I think this is what you are after, and if it is - it would be a good idea for you to place your vote on that issue (and add yourself as a watcher).

Does it make sense? :)

regards,

0 votes
Kea Johnston January 7, 2013

So, keeping in mind that I'm kind of a bamboo newbie, this seems like it changes the functionality of the branches. I don't want to rearrange the actual builds or repos. I don't want to change the structure of the repositories at all. I just want to view all the plans in a particular branch without having to click on them individually. Am I misunderstanding you?

0 votes
Bryce Johnson December 21, 2012

One way that I did this was to create a bamboo project for the branches (e.g. JIRA 5.0 Branch, JIRA 4.4 Branch, JIRA Master, etc if I'm building our favorite issue tracker). After you do that, then create a global repository in bamboo for each of those branches. Then create the necessary plans that you want, leveraging the global repos you created. Then clone the one set of plans you created into the other bamboo projects for each branch.

Now, if you happen to want to have heaps of branches going with CI attached, the "plan branches" concept will work better. I don't always like this if I really want entries on the bamboo dashboard for each of those branches. Sounds like you are like me here and want a little better visibility for each of those important branches.

Cheers,

Bryce

Kea Johnston January 7, 2013

Keeping in mind that I'm kind of a bamboo newbie, this seems like it changes the functionality of the branches. I don't want to do anything that will affect the CI process or change the way the CI process is configured. I just want to view all the plans in a particular branch without having to click on them individually. Am I misunderstanding you?

I'm also working on a system that's already set up--all the plans are already created.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events