Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to send a notification to a Group when there is no Responsible User

Ben
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2014

In most cases, we only want to notify the Responsible User of a failed build

In some cases, our Bamboo build failures have no Responsible User (I'll explain the background at the end). Is there a way to set up a bamboo notification to a Group that only sends the notification when there is no responsible user?

Our use case for this is due to shared libraries, using maven versions. We run versions:use-latest-versions to update our (internal) depdendencies which then tests that our dependency/library changes have not broken the higher-level projects. However, since this is not based on source control changes, there is no responsible user. In that case, we think it best to just notify the whole team. Maybe one day we'll figure out how to figure out the responsible user another way...

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2014
Why not just set a general notification on the broken build?
Ben
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 20, 2014

Because I don't want to spam the group on every failure - just the person that is responsible to give them a chance to fix it. But if that person cannot be determined, then I _do_ want to spam the team.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events