Is there a way to override the build directory for each plan in Bamboo?

Dan Freise May 31, 2012

I do not want all of my plans to build in one monolithic file system; in other CI tools, I specify the build directory for each job/plan, and spread my builds out across different filers. This also allows a build to use a less expensive 'update' rather than a full checkout from the source repository if it switches from one remote agent to another between builds. How does one do this with Bamboo? I can't find any way to keep it from using one huge directory (per agent, at least) for doing all the builds?

1 answer

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2012

If you want to spread build directories across filesystems, you can do it with symlinks. If you want to share build directories between agents, remember to turn off concurrent builds.

Dan Freise May 31, 2012

OK; say I want ProjectA and ProjectB to be on separate file systems; how would I create these symlinks? So far, all I see is that each *job* is getting a separate directory directly under the xml_data/build-dir; IE:

xml_data/build-dir/PROJA-PLANA-JOB1

It would make much more sense if there were a subdirectory for each project, then the plans and jobs lived in there. Is there such an option that I am missing? Or are you saying I need to create a symbolic link for every single *job* in each project?

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2012

Yes, that's what I'm saying - there's no hierarchy, you need to symlink each job separately.

Also, I think this won't work if you do clean builds or there are problems with your checkouts - the symlink will be erased and a new directory put in its place.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events