Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to include part of the log in the email of a failed build?

Fricco May 22, 2017

Hello, I have been reading the documentation (https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/modifying-notification-templates-289276982.html) but is not very clear on what I need to do in order to add the log of a build that failed to the email template.

As an example a build failed and through the web page I can see:

BUILD FAILED
/home/bamboo/bamboo-agent-home/xml-data/build-dir/SFDCSVC-DOWOT-JOB1/build/build.xml:448:
*********** DEPLOYMENT FAILED ***********
Request ID: 0Af1100000UdlBTCAZ

All Component Failures:
1. email/FGI/Claim_Creation_Confirmation_Email.email -- Error: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 467801038-85773 (482482647)
2. email/unfiled$public/Payonomy_Consolidation_Item_ARUDD.email -- Error: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 467801038-85799 (482482647)

*********** DEPLOYMENT FAILED ***********

Would like to receive that exact same error message in my email. 

Nowadays I'm receiving in the email the list of failing jobs and the commits. Would like to also receive the error message that the build shows through the page. Any idea how I can achieve this? I understand that email templates is the answer but couldn't find any place where is ssaying which email templates links to which plan event, and which information is available to use per each event. Basically in my case I couldn't find which template I need to update nor with what.

Thanks for any help and guidance!

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events