Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to have plan branches, but don't build the branch associated with the plan repo?

Dan Rumney May 29, 2014

I have a plan for a repo.

I want to automatically run branches for feature/bugfix branches, but I don't want to run my plan for my develop branch (since that is done elsewhere).

Is there a way to have auto branches that are enabled (and, so, run), but not run for the repo branch?

1 answer

0 votes
Carolyn Van Slyck May 30, 2014

At work we have Bamboo setup to build everything except master, which for various reasons is handled by a different build server. This is easily accomplished with the automatic plan branching feature. You may specify which branches should automatically have plans created for them.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Using+plan+branches

Here's the interesting quote from the documentation. Would something like (feature|bugfix)/.* work for you?

An example is: (branch1|branch2|branch3)/.*
See the Java documentation on regular expressions.

One important thing to note is that only NEW branches are automatically detected by Bamboo. Anything existing, like say a delveop or master branch, will not be considered. So sometimes you can simply get away with leaving the filter blank if you wan to build any new branches but not the existing branches. Similarly, if it does pick up a branch that you don't want included, simply delete it from Bamboo and it won't be added back.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events