Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to get at the test running time data in Bamboo?

Kris De Volder September 20, 2011

We have an issue where our test builds suddenly made a huge jump in running time and it would be helpful to have some tools or mechanism to browse or download test runtime data for analysis.

I.e. we want to figure out some how whether there are specific tests that have suddenly started up eating a lot more time.

We are using Bamboo 3.2 and I've been trying to find info on the runtime of individual tests but all I seem to be getting in the tests history is an 'average' runtime. I can't even seem to find where/if the runtime for the last test run is available somewhere.

Ideally, what I'd like to get is some way to download all the runtime data into some format, like a CSV file that I can download into a spreadsheet to try to run some simple computation like comparing average runtime with latest one, plot some graphs etc.

So I guess this comes down to two questions:

1) is there a way to get test runtime data out of bamboo somehow for offline analysis

2) is there a way to see more info on test running times in bamboo's web UI that I may be missing

Note: some more UI for browsing test runtime data (ideally a graph or at least some way of comparing the latest running time versus the avarag running time would be useful... However if you have close to a 1000 tests getting all the data for offline analysis would be more useful because trying to find a small set of test that are responsible for adding test-time overhead by clicking on them one-by-one is not practical.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brent Villalobos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2011

While this is more of a workaround, I have applications that parse and analyze the test result xml files stored on the Bambo server in the "builds" directory. This approach assumes that you have directory access on the server.

There are some ways to get test run time through the REST API. However, it looks like you can only get runtime information for failed tests:https://developer.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOODEV/Bamboo+REST+Resources#BambooRESTResources-BuildServiceSpecificBuildResult

It would be nice if the REST API included ways of getting all test data.

Older version of Bamboo used to have a run time graph for each test which was very useful since you could visualize any spikes in run time. However, they took that out for performance reasons. There is a ticket somewhere to put it back in. Vote for it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events