Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to delay when bamboo thinks a machine is idle and ready to handle a build

guy moore September 2, 2015

Is there a way to delay when bamboo thinks a machine is idle and ready to handle a build.

I believe I'm seeing overlapping builds. Two builds on a machine at once.

It may only be for a period of less than 60 seconds, but that's enough to cause some havoc.

I would feel more comfortable if there was a variable or something to tell bamboo, wait 60 seconds before declaring a machine as idle.

4 answers

1 vote
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2015

I am 100% sure the agent is not overlapping builds.

What could happen however, is that the agent is building a new build while the results of previous build(s) are still not processed by the server. This is perfectly normal and handled by Bamboo.

You can't change that behaviour.

0 votes
manny_armas October 25, 2015

Hi Atlassian Team...

just want to follow up about my question about build overlapping the other.

Thanks,
Manny

0 votes
manny_armas September 7, 2015

I have the same problem here, we have multiple build plans, we have seen overlapping (or overriding? )of builds which we don't want to happen. Yes I think the agent is not overlapping the running of build, we can see it in agents overview, but what happening is that the first build is being overridden by the second build which we don't want also to happen.

Is there anything that we can do to avoid that?

0 votes
guy moore September 7, 2015

if there is no way to delay the time, then I'll have to put a sleep task in at the beginning or end of all the build plans.so as to delay the larger job tasks from not being interfered by a second build running.

The reason I feel that there is some form of overlap, is I have a script that ssh's to each of our 25 build machines and gets the list of all java processes (a lot of our builds, and tests, etc revolve around many java processes running). The script organizes this list and creates a report that is sent to us via email.

The report points out when it sees 2 or more builds on a machine. This is differentiated by the Bamboo build plan ID that is found in various flags of the full command line of the java process.

When I RDP to that machine, to possibly kill one of the 2+ java processes suspecting one of them is a hung java processes, it is not there.

So that tells me that one build had started while one build was just about to end, but was still there.

So from my standpoint, there is clearly a situation that exists that I don't want. Maybe from the bamboo agent, the agent thinks it's done with a build plan, but there is some residue that has yet to wind down and be totally done on the build ,machine.

In either case, I need to "fix" that situation. One way is to add a delay whether that is adding one more job/task at the end that just does a sleep, or preferably doing something with Bamboo agent or server that does the same thing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events