Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a simple way to clear all the branches of a build plan?

Dan Rumney June 30, 2014

I have a build plan that has accrued a bunch of branches that are old, but haven't been cleared away.

Is there an easy way to clear them all away without having to remove them manually, one by one?

4 answers

0 votes
Ron Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2014

Are you trying to remove the branches from bamboo only or from the repository?

0 votes
Dan Rumney July 1, 2014
That's precisely what I'm trying to avoid. There are 76 of them.
0 votes
Ron Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2014

If you know these branches can be removed, proceed to unmark them. Btw, bamboo only removes the branch builds not the branches from your repository.

Dan Rumney July 1, 2014
That's precisely what I'm trying to avoid. There are 76 of them, so manually deleting them, one-by-one will be lengthy and tedious.
0 votes
Ron Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2014

Dan,

There's a feature called "Automatically manage branches". There you can have bamboo remove branches after N days of inactivity.

Regards,

Ron

Dan Rumney July 1, 2014

Unfortunately, these branches have been marked to not be automatically removed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events