Is there a setting in the bamboo (3.4.3 or later) that will NOT run a build if there are NO changes?

Royce Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2012

Is there a setting in the bamboo (3.4.3 or later) that will NOT run a build if there are NO changes?

2 answers

2 votes
Gabe Misura May 16, 2012

I work with Master Wong, and we are using Scheduled Build strategy. We don't want "polling" as we don't want a single commit to trigger a build. We also want controlled build times as the build also causes a server bounce to pick up java changes. So ideally it would start the build on the schedule, and after getting updates from SVN, realize there were no changes and not continue to the next step.

PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2012

I see.

How about using "Polling the Repository for changes" but with Polling Strategy -> "Scheduled" (instead of default "Periodically") ? Isn't it what you need? If not then I'll ask you to elaborate a little bit more what you want to achieve - I was almost sure that "Polling the Repository..." is what you need...

regards

Gabe Misura May 17, 2012

I made the change. Let's find out if it worked.

0 votes
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2012

What build strategy are you using? (plan configuration -> plan details)

I think "Polling the Repository for changes" strategy is doing what you want, that is - it doesn't trigger the build if there are no changes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events