Is it safe to remove folders like 54460417-53346308 from the build-dir of a remote agent

Out remote agents are always running out of space.

I was periodically removing all folders in D:\bamboo-remote-agent\xml-data\build-dir more than 2 months old.  But then I noticed that some builds were now missing their logs and aritfacts.

It looks like I can safely remove folders like DP2NDBB-BDDC15-JOB1 as long as the URL http://imed-bamboo:8085/browse/DP2NDBB-BDDC15-JOB1 returns 404 - i.e. a most likely a build branch plan that has been deleted.

Please confirm that this is valid.

I also see that the folders of the form 54460417-53346308 were use by deployment plans.  Is it safe to remove these.  If we do, do we lose any information such as deployment logs?  We would like to retain deployment logs - particularly for SIT and PRODUCTION indefinitely.

Please confirm this too.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Yes, it is safe to remove them. It will have no consequences for the data shown by the server.

This widget could not be displayed.

Thanks for the help. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 9 hours ago in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

29 views 1 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you