Is it possible to use variables in Bamboo build capabilities?

Stefan Fußenegger January 28, 2015

We are currently in the process of migrating our code base to Java 8. So we need some branches to build with Maven and Java 8 and other with Java 7. Is it possible to achieve this without duplicating the plan?

As far as I understand, the "Build JDK" dropdown of a Maven task configures JAVA_HOME, right? Is it possible to change or override this? I thought about adding a Java capability (JDK label = "Java Custom", Java home = "${some.variable}") and set ${some.variable} on the branch level. Is this possible?

(I've experimented a bit but wasn't able to get it working.)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2015

Hello Stefan,

Thank you for your question.

You will not be able to change the jdk used on the branch level. Instead, it will be required to do the Build JDK change in the Plan configuration.

Please, refer to the following documentation for further information:

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Stefan Fußenegger January 29, 2015

So the answer to "Is it possible to use variables in Bamboo build capabilities?" is simply "no"?

rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2015

Hello Stefan, Thank you for your update. Correct, you cannot use variables in Bamboo build capabilities. — Kind regards, Rafael P. Sperafico Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events