Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use my own hardware instead amazon EC2?

Edgard Leite August 14, 2012

I have 3 xeon servers without use. How can I use them if I am a onDemand User?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2012

You can't do that at the moment. There's an improvement request for that here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-11870 , please watch and vote.

1 vote
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2012

Another option for you Edgard would be a Direct Managed Hosting route -

... whereas not OnDemand offering, but instead the on-premise servers, hosted - and you also get a ton of extras via plugin options.

In this case, you get the benefits of 24x7 no headaches and maintenance handled hosting that you enjoy with OnDemand, but also can do connections to your servers (per configs, etc.) and alot more.

I can quote you on this - and also discuss the architecture you are aiming for.. still very cost effective. Also - migration is turnkey mostly, like over a weekend.

email if interested.

Ellen
ellen@appfusions.com

1 vote
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2012

Hi Edgard,

I'm sorry to say that for OnDeamnd instances, the only option is using EC2 because we don't permit external connections from OnDemand instances unless they are through a connector such as the one for connecting Bamboo OnDemand to EC2. This is actually one of the restrictions of OnDemand, so if you wish to use your own hardware then you would also need to take Bamboo behind the firewall: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand

All the best,
John

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2012

Nope. Bamboo onDemand only supports EC2 and running agents in own hardware is not supported.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events