Is it possible to use my own hardware instead amazon EC2?

I have 3 xeon servers without use. How can I use them if I am a onDemand User?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

You can't do that at the moment. There's an improvement request for that here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-11870 , please watch and vote.

Hi Edgard,

I'm sorry to say that for OnDeamnd instances, the only option is using EC2 because we don't permit external connections from OnDemand instances unless they are through a connector such as the one for connecting Bamboo OnDemand to EC2. This is actually one of the restrictions of OnDemand, so if you wish to use your own hardware then you would also need to take Bamboo behind the firewall: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand

All the best,
John

Another option for you Edgard would be a Direct Managed Hosting route -

... whereas not OnDemand offering, but instead the on-premise servers, hosted - and you also get a ton of extras via plugin options.

In this case, you get the benefits of 24x7 no headaches and maintenance handled hosting that you enjoy with OnDemand, but also can do connections to your servers (per configs, etc.) and alot more.

I can quote you on this - and also discuss the architecture you are aiming for.. still very cost effective. Also - migration is turnkey mostly, like over a weekend.

email if interested.

Ellen
ellen@appfusions.com

0 vote

Nope. Bamboo onDemand only supports EC2 and running agents in own hardware is not supported.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,491 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you