Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use Microsoft Azure or a local server as a build agent for a cloud-hosted Bamboo implementation?

Eric Robertson December 9, 2014

We have server infrastructure that we can use either internally or via Microsoft Azure, rather than increasing our costs and complexity by operating an Amazon EC2 server, I would like to know if it is possible to configure a server as a build agent with one of those alternatives while still using a cloud-hosted Bamboo implementation. Any assistance is greatly appreciated, thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alan Parkinson [Hindsight Software]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2014

I'm afraid not. In this situation we ended up running our own Bamboo server as choice of Build Agents and limited plugin options in the Cloud was very limiting.

2 votes
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2014

Bamboo roadmap for 2015 contains support for adding your own agents to the cloud-hosted Bamboo installation - you'll not be limited to EC2 anymore.

Eric Robertson December 10, 2014

Thank you for the information. I am searching for additional details and can't find any information about the Bamboo roadmap for 2015. Do you have a link to said roadmap, by any chance?

Sten Pittet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2014

Hi @Eric Robertson, We do not publish our roadmaps as some of our plans can evolve in the span of 6 months. We want to protect our customers from making commitments based on items that are in our long term plans and that may change before the original date. Cheers, Sten Bamboo Product Manager

Eric Robertson December 11, 2014

Thank you for the answer, Sten, as well as Krystian and Alan. I appreciate it!

Marco De Gregorio August 13, 2015

Are there any updates on this? will this also be supported for on-premises installations? this is an important information for us to decide if to buy bamboo now or migrate to another CI system.

sejhemming November 19, 2015

Again. Any update on this? The end of 2015 approaches and we are holding off making a build server commitment to see if/when the bamboo option comes available

Eric Robertson November 19, 2015

Our situation is similar. It has been a year, is there any update?

Dave Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2016

It looks like this feature finally shipped with Bamboo 5.10-OD-10-008, which rolled out in mid-December 2015.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/6-december-2015-to-12-december-2015-792625419.html

Dave Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2016

Here's the related improvement in the issue tracker:  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-11870

Eric Robertson January 28, 2016

Dave, thank you for pointing out that this has been recently delivered! This issue was where our consideration of Bamboo stalled out, so I will try to advocate for this once again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events