Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to treat a build with test failures as passing?

Uri Moszkowicz November 4, 2011

Cruise Control only considered a build as failed when Ant exited non-zero, even if there were test failures. Is it possible to get the same behavior from Bamboo?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2011

There is a https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-1278 issue raised for treating arbitrary test failures as 'passed', making the Bamboo completing the builds. Not exactly what you need, but it still might be valuable to add yourself as a watcher to that issue.

cheers,

Uri Moszkowicz November 6, 2011

Actually it is - now I know that I can't do what I want exactly. Instead I think I will change my script to just remove known failures. It's not ideal but I'll leave the original file around somewhere so I can at least see what's still failing.

0 votes
Brent Villalobos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2011

If I understand correctly (I don't have any experience with Ant), all checking the "This build will produce test results" option is fail the test if no tests are found. But it is still up to that final, JUnit parsing task to actually looking for test failures. If it were me, I would modify the test runner (again, no Ant experience so I don't know how this is done) to take a list of tests to run, but always report that they were successful.

0 votes
Brent Villalobos
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2011

If you remove the JUnit parsing task (or whatever test results parsing task you use) then Bamboo will only consider the exit code when deciding whether a plan passes/fails. If you need the test parsing task then you will want to look at modifying your test runner to ignore certain test failures.

How do I do that? I just added an Ant task and checked off the "The build will produce test results" checkbox.

Note that I would still like to see the test results on the build page. I considered disabling the plugin but I don't think that will work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events