Is it possible to set conf.autocrlf=true when cloning repository from Github in Bamboo?

AJ Keresztes April 30, 2012

Hi,

Is there a way to force conf.autocrlf=true when using Github? There doesn't seem to be any configuration options for this in Bamboo's Github connector.

It seems that this is either so easy that nobody needs to ask, or it's not possible.

Thanks

AJ

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2012

If you configure a Native Git capability for all agents you want to use the Github connector on to checkout source, you can set conf.autocrlf the normal way using git config (As long as you run git config manually on all machines that have Bamboo agents).

AJ Keresztes April 30, 2012

Thanks! I will try this.

AJ

Deleted user February 25, 2013

James, actually this is not as bamboo working, but only as it should be.

According to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-11725, autocrlf will be always false.

PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2013

Stas,

Can you give some hints as to how to recreate the wrong behavior? I do not have Bamboo 4.0.1 on hand (instead I've tested this on 4.4.x), but it seems to me that if you set "git config --global --add conf.autocrlf true" on the agents (or Bamboo server if the Local Agents are involved), then the git spawned from Bamboo will use autoctlf=true config as expected. So... May I ask what are you trying to achieve and why it fails?

regards

On bamboo 4.0.1, if you set "git config --global core.autocrlf true" on agent, and thet use Sourcecode checkout task in bamboo, you will see in .git/.gitconfig file in clonde repository:

[core]

repositoryformatversion = 0

filemode = false

logallrefupdates = true

autocrlf = false

0 votes

Bamboo 4.0.1

• Set git config --global core.autocrlf true on remot agent
  • Clone repo using Source Checkout task in bamboo (Git capability is set properly on agent)
  • Navigate to checkout folder on agent
  • Open .git\config file
[core]
        repositoryformatversion = 0
        filemode = false
        logallrefupdates = true
        autocrlf = false

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events