Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to run bamboo and jira on the same server?

llcooljay June 21, 2017

I want to run Bamboo and Jira on the same Server. Is there any chance with two tomcat instances? 

3 answers

1 vote
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2017

Like Josh said, while it is possible you're causing yourself a performance/possible security issue.

I would highly recommend NOT to do it since if somebody enables local agents on the webapp - it can impair JIRA's performance (compiling code can be quite intense).

Because of the local agents - you might have arbitraty commands being run as well.

Just something to be aware of.

1 vote
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2017

It's possible, if you have enough memory, but it's probably best for performance that you don't.

llcooljay June 21, 2017

Do you have an article about that topic? 

josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 21, 2017

It really depends on the size of your implmenetations. Here's a sizing guide for JIRA, https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/jira-sizing-guide-461504623.html

And for bamboo: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/bamboo-best-practice-system-requirements-388401170.html

If you can get a server that has enough resources for both combined, it may work, but you still might run into disk IO limits and things like that.

0 votes
llcooljay June 27, 2017

Will be occur any technical limitations? I think our team is not that big, that there will be perfomance problems. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events