Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to link one bamboo to two jira instances?

Gretchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2014

We have a single bamboo instance with more than one JIRA that we may want to connect to.  We currently connect to a single JIRA instance and there is of course no problem.  However if we add a second JIRA do we just add a new link?  As long as the 'keys' don't conflict (same JIRA key on more than one jira) it seems like it might work.  Has anyone tried this?

Thank you,

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2014

Yes, you can do it.  You are exactly right, though.  You need to make sure that you don't have duplicate JIRA project keys.  Just in case, you also need to have unique SEN numbers on each JIRA instance (meaning, each JIRA instance needs to be properly licensed and not sharing the same license.)

Gretchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2014

Note that I had actually researched this some time ago and got the answer that it would work with the stated gotchas. For future reference I'll add the jira issue here that I opened with the discussion I had with support. BSP-12906

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events