Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to disable a build step in bamboo for a branch plan

eric wood January 3, 2017

I have a build plan that by default has a build step that pushing a build component to a deployment tool called urban code deploy.  Typically we only "build" CI related branches ... develop and release.

I have had some developers ask to build feature branches, but I do not want to push the built asset to my deployment tool repository because I will never deploy builds to my target servers from feature branches.  Is is possible for me to disable a build step for a given branch plan?

1 answer

2 votes
Divin Honnappa January 3, 2017

It would help if you provided some details on which task you are trying to disable for feature but from Bamboo point of build plans, I don't think you can automate the plan to disable a task for feature branches and run for other branches

That being said, I do have an alternative for you to consider. All tasks you do using plugins can be done in script task. So, I would consider using the script task and have this condition:

if [[ ${bamboo.planRepository.branchName} =~ feature* ]]

echo Not performing push to deployment tool

else

Your task to push build asset to deployment tool

Get bamboo variable for plan branch and match the keyword for your feature branch in a if else condition

eric wood January 4, 2017

Thank you for your reply.  It is a script and I was in the process of implementing the same solution.  I do appreciate your feedback.  It would be a nice feature to be able to disable certain build tasks based upon a branch plan.

eric

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events