Is Bamboo`s plan execution could preempt a stage on another plan ?

Simon Lapointe January 30, 2013

Is Bamboo`s plan execution could preempt a stage on another plan ?

I have 2 plans that have at least 2 stages each. The plans could be triggered at the same time. So there is some queued performing.

I noticed this execution sequence:

PLAN1 stage1 starts on agentX, PLAN2 stage 1 starts (on another agent).

PLAN2 stage 1 finished, PLAN2 stage 2 queued waiting on agentX

PLAN1 stage1 completed, PLAN2 stage 2 start on agentX !!!

PLAN1 fucked up !

This preemption is a normal feature?

Regards.

Simon

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2013

If I understand the question correctly, you'd like stage 2 to continue on the same agent that was used to build stage 1?

Agents take jobs from queue independently (providing that their capabilities are sufficient). If your stage 2 requires something built in stage 1, you'd need to define that as a shared artifact and pass it between jobs.

Simon Lapointe January 31, 2013

No, sorry, that's not what I mean. In my case, there is only one agent that could perform the job on the stage2 anyway.

No the problem is : I want my first PLAN finished all its job (that could only run on this very agent) without being preempted (interrupt by another PLAN that has to run also under this agent).

Do be more specific, the first PLAN uploads a execution code on an embedded board (target under test) and runs a series of tests after. I don't want that another PLAN uploads another code in between.

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2013

Currently, the only way to avoid it is to have all steps execute in the same plan, sorry.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events