Installing old data in a new bamboo server

Kyle Manel June 21, 2016

Previously Bamboo had been installed with little sight towards upgrading and because of this the server is very difficult to manage, with integration and service improvements in mind.

Because of this, I want to redeploy our server using the latest platform and to install our old data into it such that it will operate as it did before, but without the issues it had.

This will include installing the newest server software, but how can I import old data and have it completely compatible with the new platform?

I will be moving from Bamboo v5.9.7 build 5920 to 5.12.2.1 (or most up-to-date version).

3 answers

0 votes
Kyle Manel June 23, 2016

Mark de Bont, We have something close to 100 plans, so exporting/importing each independently is time consuming time, and would break all current integration links with other Atlassian products I would imagine.  If this isn't the case though, this may provide a safe avenue to upgrade in a step-based process.

Thanks for the upgrade guide David I will need to look through that.

0 votes
Mark de Bont
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2016

You can Export and Import plans out/in Bamboo from the Bamboo administration menu

0 votes
David S. June 21, 2016

There was a DB schema change somewhere between 5.8 and 5.10 that gave us a headache because we weren't following the upgrade guide to the T. YMMV.

Here's a link to the upgrade guide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/bamboo-upgrade-guide-720411366.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events