Installing Bamboo on the same Server as Stash causing conflicts

Shannon Cronin September 17, 2014

Hello,

We currently have Stash and wanted to try Bamboo. I downloaded the .exe and installed it exactly like the documentation states https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Installing+Bamboo+on+Windows?continue=https%3A%2F%2Fconfluence.atlassian.com%2Fdisplay%2FBAMBOO%2FInstalling%2BBamboo%2Bon%2BWindows&application=cac

We have the right version of Java, the JAVA_HOME set, and everything else. Now, when we go to the \bin\start-bamboo.bat file it starts to run Tomcat and has a conflict with our Stash install and states that PORT 7990 is already in use, even though the Bamboo server.xml file is set to 8580. 

1. Is it possible to install Stash and Bamboo on the same server?
  2. If so, why are we having this conflict?

Thanks,
SC 

4 answers

0 votes
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2014

There's a possibility that some other software/service you have installed on this service is using this port.

To check if port is really open you can use telnet: 

telnet localhost 7990

You can always choose another port and use it in Stash's server.xml file

0 votes
Shannon Cronin September 17, 2014

Hi Krystian,

I indicated the port settings in my original post, but for clarity the port settings for each application are

Connector Port:

Bamboo - 8085, Stash -7990

Server Port:

Bamboo - 8007, Stash - 8006

The conflict is still occurring.

Hi Rafael,

We have stash running as a service and I stopped it, ran the Bamboo bin\start-bamoo.bat and the errors still occurred. 

Thanks,
Shannon 

Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2014

I must have overlooked that in your first post. In such case - are you sure that another instance of Bamboo is not running on the same host as a service?

Shannon Cronin September 22, 2014

Hi Krystan, Yes, I am the only one with access to the server and I never installed it as a service. I have tried all the suggestions listed above and am still having a conflict issue. Thanks, Shannon

0 votes
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
September 17, 2014

Shannon

Both Bamboo and Stash run inside Tomcat application server. The message about the conflict on port 7990 applies not to Bamboo nor Stash but rather to Tomcat configuration.

Please check this documentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Changing+the+port+that+Stash+listens+on and modify Connector port in Stash or Bamboo, so they would not conflict.

Then of course you have to restart the application which configuration was modified.

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
September 17, 2014

Hi Shannon,

It seems you have tried to start Stash while the same was still running.

I would kindly ask you to make sure Stash is not running by killing all Stash processes and then start Stash. The issue you are experiencing should no longer cause you any grief.

As per your question:

1. Yes, Bamboo and Stash can run under the same server
  2. It should have any conflict, what appears is that Stash was started while Stash was already running or the tomcat process hadn't finished prior to the new start happened.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events