Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Bamboo Groovy Plugin Never Completes

Brian Wohlin February 27, 2014

I'm trying to install an evaluation copy of the Bamboo Groovy Plugin. The process starts-up and then I see the waiting overlay indefinitely. I am trying to install the 2.3.0 version of the plugin on an evaluation copy of Bamboo 5.4.1. Is plugin installation not allowed for evaluation copies of Bamboo?

5 answers

0 votes
Brian Wohlin February 28, 2014

No, to get around plugging proxy configuration settings into the server, I simply downloaded the plugin from the Atlassian site and the pointed at the plugin file on the Manage Add-Ons page of the administrative console.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2014

It should be compatible, but will have to verify. I wasn't aware 5.4 shipped :(. Tracking with BGTP-15 (now resolved).

Refresh UPM to make sure it wasn't installed. Also, there may be a UPM install error reported in your server log.

Thanks for the response.

I thought of that. When I went back to look at the User-installed add-ons, the list was empty.

I even restarted Bamboo, just to make sure there wasn't some strange server error. I never saw any kind of overt error.

It would have been nice if the plugin wasn't going to install, or wasn't compatible with the version of Bamboo that was running, that it would pop-up an appropriate message.

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2014

It is compatible and is now marked correctly in the Marketplace. You likely have a local UPM issue that you will need to report to Atlassian. Regarding your suggestion, that's all a UPM responsibility. I assume you are installing via the Upload Add-on link and providing a url from the Marketplace listing?
Actually, now (the compatiblity has been updated) you should be able to do a Find and click to install. See if that works (although it is almost the same underlying support).

0 votes

Ok. I realized that it was no big deal simply to execute my Gradle build as a Bamboo Script task. Still, it would have been nice to have a plugin for what appears to be an increasingly popular build tool.

0 votes

Ok. Now, I see it on the page. The plugin is for Bamboo versions 5.0 - 5.3. Here's the thing: I want to prototype a Gradle build on Bamboo 5.4.1. Is there another plugin that contains Gradle support?

0 votes
ssetayeshfar
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2014

Hello Brian,

Is this the plugin you are trying to install: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.bamboo.groovy?

If so, the reason you are experiencing this problem is that the plugin is still not compatible with Bamboo 5.4.1, unfortunately.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events