Installation type query

Ewan Scott September 11, 2012

I have downloaded the Bamboo 4.2 EAR-WAR file from the website to a RHEL6 server. The file atlassian-bamboo-4.2.1.zip just unzipsall files fully to the current directory. There is no WAR file as in install instructions on the website. Can you confirm that it is just the installation instructions which are out of date and I do not have the wrong version of the software.

Thanks.

Ewan

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2012

(Apologies for the last answer, I was aiming a Jira installation query at a colleague and got confuddled)

The file you have downloaded is a .war file. I'm guessing you are using Internet Explorer, which has a (deliberate and stupid-by-design) bug in it in that it renames files as .zip without even bothering to tell you, let alone bothering to think about why the files are named correctly.

Take the downloaded file, rename it from xxx.zip to xxx.war and proceed as the instructions say.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2012

You have to build the WAR from the unzipped file you downloaded.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events